Who loves stats? We do! We’ve listed some of our favourite social media statistics, sourced from around the web, to help you keep on top of what’s going on in this ever-changing sector of digital marketing.
- There are 3.397 billion social media users in the world
- On average user has 5.5 social media accounts each
- 81% of small businesses use social media
- 3 billion users
- 8 billion average daily video views
- 60 million active business pages
- Average user spends 35 minutes on Facebook daily
- World’s third most popular website
- 326 million users
- Average Twitter users follows five businesses
- Tweets with images get 150% more retweets
- Most popular emoji used was 😂
- 71% of Twitter users are there to read news
- 610 million users
- 61 million of LinkedIn users are senior level and 40 million are decision-makers
- Profiles with photos get 21x more views
- 94% of B2B marketers use it to distribute content
- 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content
Download our free graphic
We’ve prepared a helpful infographic to accompany these impressive stats. Now you can sound super smart when you drop these facts into conversation with your co-workers!
If this blog post has blown your mind then don’t panic, we have recently launched our new social media workshops! They’re aimed to help all individuals or businesses boost their knowledge around social media marketing, whatever their skill level. So, give us a call, email or DM to speak to a member of our lovely team and found out more.